CII concerned over power tariff hike in AndhraApril 3rd, 2012 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 2 (IANS) The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Monday voiced its concern over the steep hike in electricity tariff for industry in Andhra Pradesh.Suchitra Ella, chairperson, CII Andhra Pradesh said the hike of 20 to 25 percent for commercial and industrial consumers would send wrong signals to the industry and prospective investors, especially at the time when industry is in a recovery mode from the negative impact of the global economic crisis.
The increase in power tariff for industrial consumers from present level of Rs.4.13 to Rs.5 per unit will lead to increase in the cost of production, she said in a statement.
Ella felt that the government could have reduced the power subsidies and resorted to better expenditure management methods, instead of hiking the power tariff rates.
“The industry is unable to meet the minimum production demands due to frequent power cuts and power holidays. The hike in the power tariff will further lead to greater burden for the industry,” she added.
- Allow consumers to choose electricity source: CII - Oct 30, 2011
- Belgium to renovate 14 railway stations in India - Mar 21, 2012
- Tripura gives 12 percent subsidy on power tariff - Apr 03, 2012
- African countries invite Indian investment in agriculture - Jun 21, 2012
- Chhattisgarh's domestic power tariff up 22 percent - Apr 08, 2011
- People protest power tariff hike in Rajasthan - Aug 09, 2012
- FICCI calls for radical policy reforms in energy sector - May 07, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Some positives in budget, says India Inc; displeased with taxes - Mar 16, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi's power tariff hike comes into effect - Jul 01, 2012
- Power tariff goes up in Punjab - May 09, 2011
- Consumers cry foul over power tariff hike in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- DMK to protest against petrol price hike - May 25, 2012
Tags: chairperson, cii, confederation of indian industry, electricity tariff, expenditure management, global economic crisis, holidays, hyderabad, industrial consumers, management methods, negative impact, power tariff hike, prospective investors, recovery mode, signals, steep hike, subsidies, tariff rates