CID grills Satyam’s former CFOJanuary 11th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 11 (IANS) The Crime Investigation Department (CID) of Andhra Pradesh police Sunday continued interrogation of Vadlamani Srinivas, the former chief financial officer (CFO) of the IT bellwether Satyam Computers, in connection with the Rs.70 billion fraud.CID officials said they would produce Srinivas before a magistrate later in the day.
Srinivas was arrested by CID Saturday night after a couple of hours of interrogation at the CID office located in the state police headquarters here.
Srinivas, considered close to the company’s tainted founder chairman B. Ramalinga Raju, is believed to have been aware of the fraud.
“We are continuing interrogation of Vadlamani Srinivas. He will be produced before a magistrate within 24 hours (from the time of arrest),” Inspector General of Police, CID (Economic Offences Wing) V.S.K. Kaumudi told IANS.
Srinivas is the third person to be arrested in the massive fraud case. Ramalinga Raju and his brother B. Rama Raju have been arrested and sent to judicial custody till Jan 23.
The CID officials have not ruled out more arrests in the case. “We are right now interrogating the former CFO. We are doing one thing at a time,” was all Kaumudi said when asked if they would be arresting other former directors of the company.
Srinivas had resigned from the IT bellwether Thursday, a day after the Raju brothers quit admitting to a massive financial fraud.
- Satyam's former CFO Srinivas arrested - Jan 11, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju, brother to be produced in court - Jan 10, 2009
- CID grills Ramalinga Raju, brother (Lead) - Jan 10, 2009
- Two Pricewaterhouse officials arrested in Satyam fraud - Jan 24, 2009
- Satyam Raju, brother arrested - Jan 10, 2009
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Judicial remand of Rajus extended till July 8 - Jun 24, 2009
- Satyam saga: Court extends judicial custody of Raju, others, to Feb 7 - Jan 31, 2009
- Former Satyam financial official sent to jail - Jan 11, 2009
- US SEC may file civil fraud charges against Satyam - Oct 03, 2010
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- Court dismisses pleas for postponing Satyam trial - Sep 24, 2010
- Satyam fraud case: Sick Raju makes dramatic appearance in court - Aug 24, 2010
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, brother arrested for cheating (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2009