Chuang Chuang celebrates 8th BD in anticipation of Beijing OympicsAugust 6th, 2008 - 3:30 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Chiang Mai Zoo threw a special birthday party for “Chuang Chuang” (ช่วง ช่วง), the Thai-Chinese Ambassador Panda, in celebrating its eighth birthday anniversary this year. At the same time, the Chiang Mai Zoo is also looking forward to celebrating China’s hosting of the 2008 Olympic Games.
Both Thai and Chinese students sang a song to celebrate the birthday of Chuang Chuang today (August, 6th). The zoo has prepared various kinds of fruits for Chuang Chuang and Lin Hui (หลินฮุ่ย), a partner panda at the zoo. At first, Chuang Chuang was seen surprised at the sight of a mock-up panda carrying a fruit basket. Chuang then used his claws to scratch the fake panda’s back, causing the basket to fall. It took a while for Chuang to come at ease and finally enjoying his basket of fruits.
Ambassador Panda Chuang Chuang and Lin Hui have been residing in Thailand for five years and will return to their home country China, in another 5 extra years. Proceeds collected from their performances during the past five years have exceeded 118 million baht. Reports have shown that there are more than 2.7 million people visiting the two Chinese pandas each year.
Chiang Mai Zoo has also prepared fruit buffets for other wild animals at the zoo to celebrate Chuang Chuang’s birthday together.
Chuang Chuang celebrates 8th BD in anticipation of Beijing Oympics
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Thai drug organization blamed for killing 13 crew members on Chinese cargo ships - Oct 11, 2011
- Thailand aims at world record in massage - Jun 03, 2011
- 11 Chinese killed as two cargo ships attacked - Oct 09, 2011
- Myanmar/Thailand shaken by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake - Mar 24, 2011
- Baby panda's name chosen in online poll - Nov 23, 2010
- Chinese cargo ships attacked on the Mekong River, 11 killed - Oct 10, 2011
- Chinese tutor needed for a American-born Panda - Feb 05, 2010
- China loans two pandas to Canada - Feb 12, 2012
- Panda still endangered despite baby boom - Sep 03, 2010
- Giant panda gives birth at Washington zoo - Sep 18, 2012
- Chinese giant pandas to fly to Paris - Jan 10, 2012
- Thai Air Force fighter jet crashes, pilot killed - Oct 18, 2010
- Panda Quan Quan's death blamed on gas poisoning - Jul 28, 2010
- Thai authorities link toxic chemicals to foreigners' deaths - Aug 17, 2011
- Nazi parade by Thai students triggers row - Sep 28, 2011