Chouhan promises to make Madhya Pradesh power surplusJanuary 13th, 2009 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 13 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Tuesday said his government was committed to make the state power surplus in near future.Replying to a debate on the motion of thanks to Governor Balram Jakhar’s address during the inaugural session of the 13th Madhya Pradesh assembly, Chouhan said the state was facing crisis of power due curtailment in state’s share by the central government, non-supply of coal for power plants and lack of water in Indra Sagar and Omkareshwar.
“Still, my government was making all efforts to see to it that the people of the state do not suffer for want of power and was trying its best to provide maximum power both to the farmers and the students,” the chief minister said.
Attributing the return of his party to the power for the second term to the work done by his government in the past, the chief minister said the people of the state have voted for development and their expectations would be met at all cost and Madhya Pradesh would be made a “golden state”.
On the issue of displaced families in Singrauli, where work at the 1,200 MW Essar power plant has been stalled due to clash between the farmers and the administration over compensation of land, Chouhan said the problem of those affected would be looked into.
“I assure adequate compensation and proper rehabilitation of the farmers whose lands have been acquired,” Chouhan said.
The clash last week left more than 50 people injured and several families are said to have fled their homes fearing police action.
- Madhya Pradesh Congress stages walkout over compensation - Jan 12, 2009
- Chouhan begins fast against central government Sunday - Feb 12, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister bats for tourism in tiger reserves - Nov 17, 2011
- Mayawati responsible for farmer-police clash: Mulayam - May 09, 2011
- Protest against Kudankulam n-plant to continue Friday (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Another water protest, this time against Kudankulam - Sep 13, 2012
- Another water protest, now against Kudankulam n-plant (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Chouhan, Uma Bharti meet in Delhi - Feb 01, 2011
- Coal mining in Singrauli leading to health hazards: Greenpeace - Sep 15, 2011
- Farmer dies during agitation outside BJP office - Jun 15, 2012
- Akhilesh lays foundation of 1,980 MW power plant - Jun 12, 2012
- Farmer attempts suicide, Chouhan government on defensive (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Relief for canal-affected and dam-displaced not same: Apex court (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Chouhan links farmers' suicides to internal security - Feb 01, 2011
- Congress activists protest against government apathy towards farmers in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 13, 2011