Chouhan launches ‘justice rally’ in Madhya PradeshFebruary 21st, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 21 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Saturday embarked on a “justice rally” to protest the central government’s alleged discrimination against the state.
“How can the Congress led by a foreigner understand the woes of poor people?” asked Chouhan before launching the rally from the state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters here.
He said the rally would highlight “discrimination” by the Congress-led central government in coal allotment, reduction in foodgrain quota for below poverty line (BPL) families, allocation of funds under the Indira Awas Yojna and lack of assistance for drought-affected areas of the state.
“The central government has been doing injustice to my state and its people for the past one-and-a-half years. The state does not have enough coal for power plants but the central government was not giving it its full share,” Chouhan said.
Chouhan will reach the Pathakheda coal mines Sunday and walk for seven kilometres up to Sarni.
- 'Central ministers from Madhya Pradesh should help state get due' - Feb 22, 2009
- Release excess food for the poor: CPI-M - Jun 11, 2012
- Chouhan cancels fast after PM's positive response on aid - Feb 13, 2011
- Chouhan begins fast against central government Sunday - Feb 12, 2011
- Write 'I am poor' outside houses of poor: Chouhan - May 14, 2010
- Government reviews food security bill - Feb 29, 2012
- Congress to counter Chouhan's protest - Jan 30, 2012
- Congress highlights farmers plight in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 09, 2012
- Why can't food be given to poor, asks Supreme Court - Oct 29, 2010
- Congress protests Madhya Pradesh's fertiliser, power shortage (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Distribute stored foodgrain to flood-affected, Gadkari urges PM - Sep 25, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi visits drought-hit Maharashtra district (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Can't link grain procurement to storage capacity, apex court told - Sep 06, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi visits drought-hit Maharashtra district - Apr 28, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister, leaders sit on fast - Apr 30, 2008