Chinese woman abducted, released in AmritsarMay 2nd, 2011 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, May 2 (IANS) A Chinese woman tourist was abducted by unidentified people here but released safe and sound at an isolated place late at night, police said Monday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Amar Singh Chahal told IANS: “The Chinese woman was released by the abductors Sunday night. We have recovered her and she is safe. We can divulge other details later in the day.”
Police said the victim and another Chinese woman had come to Amritsar Sunday afternoon by train. They hired a taxi to go to Golden temple, the holiest Sikh shrine.
While on the way, they stopped at a hotel and had drinks with the taxi driver and his friends, police said. After this the accused youths dropped one of the Chinese women and abducted the other.
Police sources said the Chinese women had come from Jaipur.
- Three railway cops held for abducting tourist (Third Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Two railway cops held for abducting tourist (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Railway cops abduct Chinese tourist, dump her in field (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Chinese tourists handed over to embassy officials - May 03, 2011
- PM to begin New Year with prayers at Golden Temple - Dec 31, 2011
- Sikh group seeks apology from Jay Leno for Golden Temple remark - Jan 25, 2012
- PM begins new year with prayers at Golden Temple (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Two kids drown in holy pond in Punjab - Aug 02, 2010
- PM arrives in Amritsar; to pray at Golden Temple Sunday (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Punjab cabinet prays at Amritsar shrines - Mar 16, 2012
- Fewer fireworks at Golden Temple this Diwali - Oct 26, 2011
- PM shown black flags by Anna supporters outside Golden Temple - Jan 01, 2012
- Day after win, Badals pray at Golden Temple - Mar 07, 2012
- Sikh clergy lays foundation stone of Operation Bluestar memorial - May 20, 2012
- NRI appeals to abductors to free brother in Bihar - Jan 01, 2011
Tags: abductors, amar singh, chahal, chinese woman, chinese women, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, drinks, golden temple, police sources, sikh, sunday afternoon, taxi driver, train, unidentified people, woman abducted