Chinese teen jailed for setting girl ablazeMay 10th, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 10 (IANS) A 17-year-old Chinese boy was Thursday sentenced to 12 years in jail for setting fire to a girl who turned down his romantic advances.
The accused teenager, surnamed Tao, was convicted of intentional assault after he disfigured his girl schoolmate, surnamed Zhou, in Hefei, capital of Anhui province, Xinhua reported.
The boy went to the victim’s home in September last year, poured gasoline on her face and ignited it with a lighter. Her aunt heard screams and came to the girl’s rescue, put the fire out and rushed her to hospital. The boy was arrested the next day.
The girl’s left ear was mutilated and most of her face was disfigured. Her neck and left hand were also injured.
The victim’s mother posted gruesome details of the assault online, including photos of her daughter’s bandage-wrapped face.
- Chinese boy stands trial for setting girl on fire - Apr 23, 2012
- Chinese politician's wife charged with murdering Briton - Jul 26, 2012
- Ex-lover burns 64-year-old to death in lift - Dec 19, 2011
- Man sentenced to death for raping nine in China - Feb 01, 2011
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve - Aug 20, 2012
- Rahul's healing touch - visits victims of sexual assault - Feb 07, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi meets assaulted Uttar Pradesh girl - Jun 27, 2011
- African immigrant girls face sexual mutilation threat - Feb 06, 2012
- Indian-origin woman burns hubby in US - Apr 21, 2012
- Minor girl in Uttar Pradesh attacked for resisting rape - Feb 06, 2011
- Chinese graduates go under the knife to get job - Mar 03, 2009
- Woman's body found in Delhi - Apr 28, 2012
- Justino Sanchez, Of Puerto Rico, Accused Of Perpetrating A 'Blowtorch Attack' On His Family - Jan 04, 2011
- Rahul travels to Banda village to meet rape victim (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 07, 2011
- Chinese dungeon rapist sentenced to death - Feb 01, 2011