Chinese sentenced to death for killing own familyDecember 16th, 2011 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 16 (IANS) A 31-year-old Chinese man was Friday sentenced to death for murdering four of his family members and a tenant last year, an official said.
Xiao Guang, a resident of Liaozhong county in Liaoning province, murdered his eight-year-old daughter, wife, and his parents with a pickaxe. He also killed a woman tenant and injured another person in a rental unit he managed, Xinhua reported.
The man was sentenced by the Shenyang Municipal Intermediate People’s Court.
The court spokesman said the man had a few drinks around midnight of the fateful day in June.
After the murders, he tried to set himself on fire but was rescued by firefighters and later placed under arrest.
Xiao said he committed the act as he was heavily in debt.
- China's former soccer chiefs stand trial for graft - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Find my girlfriend or I will bomb airport' - Sep 22, 2010
- Pub owner in China jailed for gay shows - Sep 03, 2011
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- Three executed over fatal fire in China - Mar 29, 2012
- China to execute a Japanese citizen for smuggling drugs - Apr 01, 2010
- Former club manager and referees on trial for soccer corruption - Dec 20, 2011
- Chinese official jailed for corruption - Aug 26, 2009
- Mom cuts son's penis because she wanted a girl - Jan 17, 2012
- Former Chinese soccer chief goes on trial for graft - Apr 25, 2012
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010
- Two brothers kill man over a newspaper - Sep 01, 2011
- Six jailed in China for selling tainted bean sprouts - Aug 13, 2011
- Man gets death for terror attack in China - Mar 27, 2012
- Chinese gets death sentence for killing 11 people - Jul 28, 2012