Chinese premier Wen visits Delhi schoolDecember 15th, 2010 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 15 (IANS) Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrived at the Tagore International School here Wednesday afternoon to interact with students and talk on Mandarin, Chinese culture and calligraphy. The premier, who arrived on a three day visit to India earlier in the day, received a warm welcome by the students and teachers here.
“The school has been running an exchange programme with Jinyuan Senior High School in Shanghai the past four years. It’s going to be a 30-minute talk on tai-chi, calligraphy, Mandarin pronunciation, yoga and Chinese culture,” school principal Madhulika Sen told IANS.
“The visit will go beyond the realm of learning by strengthening the traditional ties between the people,” Sen added.
The south Delhi school has been running exchange programmes, calligraphy and yoga classes through video-conference under a memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed with Jinyuan school, ranked amongst the best language schools in Shanghai, Sen said.
The school, named after poet-philosopher Rabindranath Tagore, was chosen for Wen’s visit due to the enduring Chinese fascination with the Nobel laureate.
- Delhi students to flaunt their Mandarin before Wen - Dec 13, 2010
- India-China friends forever: Wen Jiabao - Dec 15, 2010
- Wen seeks to win Indians with Tagore, tai-chi, calligraphy - Dec 11, 2010
- Chinese premier arrives in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese premier arrives in India (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- India, China to discuss stapled visas, to launch CEOs forum - Dec 14, 2010
- India-China friends forever: 'Grandpa' Wen's message to students - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese PM arrives in India, $20 bn deals on cards (Second Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- India awaits Chinese PM's charm offensive - Dec 14, 2010
- China welcomes introduction of Mandarin in schools - Dec 16, 2010
- China denied rivalry with India, drums up trade, $16 bn deals (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Massive people-to-people contact programme on anvil: Chinese envoy - Jul 22, 2011
- China and Pakistan to strengthen bilateral cooperation in diverse areas - Dec 18, 2010
- Tagore plaques in China shine again thanks to Patil - Jun 03, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrives in Delhi - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: calligraphy, chinese culture, chinese premier wen jiabao, delhi school, language schools, mandarin chinese, mandarin pronunciation, memorandum of understanding, nobel laureate, poet philosopher, premier wen jiabao, rabindranath tagore, school principal, south delhi, tagore international school, traditional ties, video conference, warm welcome, wednesday afternoon, yoga classes