Chinese man jailed for selling his three childrenFebruary 16th, 2012 - 12:52 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 16 (IANS) A man in China has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for selling his three children.
Huang Liang was sentenced Wednesday in a court in Fujian province’s Fuqing city after being convicted of human trafficking, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
According to prosecutors, Huang sold his daughter for 20,000 yuan ($3,180) to a villager in May of 2009. Two months later he sold his son for 60,000 yuan through the same middleman. Prosecutors say Huang’s actions transgressed morality and should be severely punished as per law.
- Chinese woman gets death for infant trafficking - Jun 17, 2012
- Chinese couple jailed for selling their kids - Oct 27, 2011
- Two get death penalty for selling 46 infants - Sep 28, 2010
- Woman sentenced to death for trafficking 49 children - Apr 17, 2010
- Chinese jailed for selling 70,000 pirated maps - Jan 11, 2012
- 31 abducted infants rescued in China - Jun 01, 2012
- Nine jailed for selling rotten ducks in China - Nov 10, 2011
- China jails 14 people in tainted milk case - Apr 30, 2011
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- Teenaged hacker jailed in China - May 04, 2012
- Napkin counterfeit ring smashed - Aug 22, 2012
- Chinese official given death for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- Three drug traffickers get death in China - Apr 11, 2012
- Chinese gets jail term for Internet pornography - Feb 17, 2012
- Six jailed in China for selling tainted bean sprouts - Aug 13, 2011