Chinese man executed for 2009 stabbing spreeMay 11th, 2012 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 11 (IANS) A 50-year-old man was executed in Beijing Friday for killing two and injuring 14 others in a stabbing spree in the Chinese capital in 2009.
Zhang Jianfei, from northeast Jilin province, was found guilty of endangering public security in Beijing’s Dashila area Sep 17, 2009, Xinhua reported.
Tourists, security guards and roadside salesmen were among the victims.
Zhang, a former worker at a primary school in Jilin, blamed his actions on him becoming emotionally distraught while looking for a job.
He said he was drunk at that time, but forensic doctors concluded after a probe that he was only slightly drunk and had the full ability to control himself.
Zhang’s death penalty was announced by a court in November 2010.
- Chinese man is first to be prosecuted of sexual assault of another male - Jan 05, 2011
- China takes tourists to North Korea - Jun 09, 2011
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve - Aug 20, 2012
- Critically endangered leopard filmed in northeast China - Apr 18, 2011
- Briton held for sexual assault in Beijing - May 10, 2012
- Chinese who killed woman after accident sentenced to death - Apr 22, 2011
- Don't eat dogs, urge Chinese animal rights groups - Nov 20, 2011
- Drunk, jobless man barges into Mongolia child care centre - May 20, 2010
- Russian army officer convicted for shooting guard dogs - May 17, 2012
- Indian-origin Kiwi resident stuffs toddler in washer after double murder - Nov 25, 2010
- Serial killer arrested in China - May 27, 2012
- Dismissed cook stabs tourists in St. Petersburg - Jul 23, 2012
- 17 dead in China floods - Jul 23, 2011
- 11 die, two missing in China coalmine blast - Mar 24, 2011
- China launches train tour to North Korea - Oct 09, 2011