Chinese family sheds clothes for child’s hospital billsNovember 29th, 2011 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 29 (IANS) A debt-ridden family in a Chinese province opted to move out on streets without any clothes on to seek public help in paying off their baby’s hospital bill.
The incident occurred in Guandong province’s Dianbai county, the Global Times reported Tuesday, citing Nanfang Rural News.
According to the local public security bureau, the couple, who gave their surname as Zhang, came from Henan province to work at a salvage station in Dianbai county three months ago.
A few weeks ago, the couple admitted their two-month-old baby to the Dianbai Maternal and Child Health Hospital. But the couple learned last Sunday that they owed the hospital 1,500 yuan (about $240) when their baby was discharged.
Unable to pay off the bills, the couple decided to walk naked along with their two little children in the hope that they would draw pedestrians to help them in their miserable condition.
The hospital, later, remitted the treatment fees and discharged their baby following police’s mediation into the matter.
- Chinese hospital hid baby as parents owed money - Oct 27, 2011
- Boy killed, chopped up, turned into mincemeat - Jul 20, 2011
- Ship sinks as soon as it is launched - Oct 12, 2011
- Cut veg, cook food, says Chinese man's pre-nuptial pact - Sep 27, 2010
- Chinese held for poaching panda 17 years ago - Feb 10, 2012
- Chinese hospital holds baby hostage over payment - Apr 29, 2010
- Patient swallows syringe, seeks fine from hospital - Apr 23, 2012
- Parents of octuplets in China face hefty fines - Dec 21, 2011
- Incense stick sold for over one mn yuan - Mar 07, 2011
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- Thief's diary writing habit costs him - Aug 03, 2012
- Chinese woman gets death for infant trafficking - Jun 17, 2012
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- Chinese man sells 4-month-old son - May 27, 2010
- Chinese family gets compensation for forced abortion - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: beijing, chinese family, chinese province, clothes, global times, guandong province, hospital bills, last sunday, maternal and child health, mediation, miserable condition, month old baby, pedestrians, public security bureau, rural news, s hospital, salvage, surname, three months, yuan