Chinese air force trains 300 women pilotsMarch 9th, 2012 - 7:34 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 9 (IANS) A total of 328 women pilots have been trained by China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force over the past six decades, according to government figures.
The data was disclosed Thursday at a ceremony to mark the 60th anniversary of the debut flight of Chinese women pilots, Xinhua reported.
The PLA Air Force has recruited nine groups of women pilot trainees over the past 60 years, and eight groups have already graduated.
Women pilots joined the flight mission of the PLA Air Force for the first time in March 1952. The first group flew planes over the Tiananmen Square in Beijing in a flight show.
Since then, women pilots have successfully completed numerous missions, including disaster relief, research trial flights, and afforestation through sowing of seeds by planes.
- China launches Shenzhou-9 with first woman astronaut - Jun 16, 2012
- Chinese female astronaut candidate was a hero pilot - Jun 11, 2012
- Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet - Aug 18, 2012
- Liu is first Chinese woman in space - Jun 16, 2012
- Have few flight paths over populated areas: Pakistani daily - May 19, 2012
- China unveils new advanced acrobatic jets - Nov 15, 2009
- Chinese woman may reach space by 2012 - Apr 30, 2011
- Woman pilot hurt in Pakistan Air Force plane crash (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Joining Chinese space mission doesn't come easy! (Lead) - Mar 25, 2012
- Joining Chinese space mission doesn't come easy! - Mar 25, 2012
- China may send women to space in 2012 - May 01, 2011
- In China, a swallow doesn't necessarily make a summer (With Images) (An Indian in China) - Jul 03, 2012
- China shows strength, vitality as republic turns 60 (Lead) - Oct 01, 2009
- Four pilots killed as two PAF planes collide (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- No-fly zone imposed over Beijing - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: 60th anniversary, afforestation, chinese air force, chinese women, debut flight, disaster relief, flight mission, government figures, liberation army, missions, pla air force, planes, seeds, square in beijing, tiananmen square, trainees, trial flights, women pilot, women pilots, xinhua