China’s Communist Party has over 80 mn membersJune 24th, 2011 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 24 (IANS) The Communist Party of China (CPC), the world’s largest political party, now has over 80 million members, an official said Friday.
The CPC had 80.269 million members by the end of 2010, Wang Qinfeng said.
China has a population of 1.3 billion people.
The CPC grew from about 50 members in 1921 to nearly 4.5 million when the People’s Republic of China was founded in 1949.
Xinhua reported that last year, 3.07 million people joined the CPC.
The CPC received 21 million membership applications last year, a year-on-year increase of 861,000.
Of the members, 18.03 million were women and 5.33 million were from ethnic minority groups.
- China puts history of communist party online - Jan 02, 2011
- CPC elects younger delegates to national congress - Aug 14, 2012
- Former n-firm chief expelled from Chinese Communist Party - Oct 18, 2010
- Sharad Yadav discusses ties with CPC - Sep 14, 2012
- China mulls levy for regional development - Jun 03, 2011
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Book on Communist Party of China sells one mn copies - May 26, 2011
- China foreign trade growth slows, surplus widens (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- China opens counter-espionage museum - May 10, 2012
- We can develop together: China tells India - Feb 08, 2012
- South African Communist Party turns 90 - Aug 02, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- Chain of Chinese porn websites shut - Aug 25, 2011
- 2,270 delegates to attend CPC Congress - Aug 13, 2012
- China's railways carry 453 mn people in Q1 - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,