China world’s leading power, believe French peopleOctober 27th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Oct 27 (DPA) By a significant margin, the French believe that China has supplanted the US as the most powerful country in the world, according to a survey made public Monday.Asked by the TNS-Sofres Institute to name the world’s most powerful country, nearly half of the respondents said China, while the US was cited by only 34 percent.
Asked to name the country that would be the world’s leading power in 20 years, 63 percent said China, 12 percent said India and a mere nine percent cited the US.
The survey was carried out Oct 8-9 with a representative sample of 1,000 men and women of 18 years of age and older.
- Pakistanis happier than Indians: Gallup survey - Apr 21, 2011
- Facebook strengthening our social ties: Study - Nov 28, 2010
- 78 percent of Europeans support Obama's foreign policy - Sep 16, 2010
- Internet more popular than TV in Russia - May 26, 2012
- Business confidence on the decline: CII survey - Sep 04, 2011
- MFN status will spur Indian tea exports to Pakistan - Oct 25, 2011
- India ranks sixth in image rating by Americans - Feb 19, 2010
- For Pakistanis, India bigger threat than Taliban, Al Qaeda: Survey - Jun 29, 2012
- Inflation affecting living standards in China - Dec 22, 2011
- 70pc Chinese men 'dissatisfied with their sex lives' - Oct 28, 2010
- Malaysians have the most friends on their social networks: Study - Oct 11, 2010
- Canada set to become energy superpower - May 12, 2011
- Indians second-most curious about education: Study - Aug 08, 2012
- Indians look at US favourably; want Obama to win: Pew survey - Sep 11, 2012
- 22 mn Chinese seek migration to US - Apr 24, 2012