China working on first aircraft carrierMarch 29th, 2012 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 29 (IANS) China is conducting scientific testing and training exercises for its first aircraft carrier, the defence ministry said Thursday.
At a monthly press briefing, the Defence Ministry spokesman Yang Yujun said it takes time for weapons and equipment to transit from scientific research to military use, Xinhua reported.
“Right now, China is working on scientific testing and training exercises for the aircraft carrier platform and other new weapons according to the schedule. The follow-up work will be carried out according to the progress of the activities,” he said.
China’s first aircraft carrier is expected to be commissioned between 2015 and 2020.
- China testing aircraft carrier - Apr 01, 2012
- China tests new aircraft carrier - Sep 01, 2011
- China denies sending troops to North Korea - Dec 28, 2011
- China's refitted aircraft carrier undergoes sea trial - Nov 29, 2011
- China declines supporting cyber attackers - Mar 30, 2012
- China's defensive military policy won't change - Jul 29, 2011
- China's first aircraft carrier begins sea trial - Aug 10, 2011
- China, India, Japan cooperate in naval escorts - Apr 01, 2012
- China developing high-tech weaponry and equipment: White Paper - Mar 31, 2011
- China launches Shenzhou-9 with first woman astronaut - Jun 16, 2012
- China dismisses Pentagon report on military - Aug 27, 2011
- China hikes defence budget, seeks friendly ties with India (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- China to go to moon, Mars, Venus and beyond - Sep 20, 2010
- Air China to buy 20 Airbus planes - Nov 18, 2010
- 'China to safely develop n-power' (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012