China welcomes new Pakistan PMJune 25th, 2012 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 25 (IANS) China Monday congratulated Pakistan’s new Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and pledged a closer partnership with Islamabad.
“As a close neighbour of Pakistan, we will firmly support its efforts to boost national development and economic and social progress,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
“We are willing to continue strengthening our all-weather partnership with Pakistan,” Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ashraf of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), a minister in the government of ousted prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was elected the country’s 25th prime minister June 22.
- PM congratulates new Pakistan PM, confident of better ties - Jun 24, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- New Pakistani PM Ashraf was an agriculturist before entering politics (Profile) - Jun 22, 2012
- Zardari picks Shahabuddin as Pakistan PM - Jun 21, 2012
- Ex-PM Gilani's son wins by-poll - Jul 20, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistani PM faces SC on contempt order - Aug 27, 2012
- Pakistani PM faces SC, seeks time to write Swiss letter (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Pakistan passes political test with little fuss: Daily - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistani PM gets two weeks to write to Swiss powers - Jul 25, 2012
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Apex court issues show-cause notice to Pakistani PM - Aug 08, 2012
- Shahabuddin dropped, Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP's new PM hopeful (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani PM headed Gilani way: Daily - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: ashraf, beijing, china, chinese foreign ministry spokesman, foreign ministry spokesman, gilani, islamabad, neighbour, new prime minister, pakistan peoples party, partnership, pervez, raja, social progress, weather, xinhua