China wants closer ties with Asian nations: MinisterJanuary 9th, 2012 - 12:36 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 8 (IANS) China wants to strengthen relations with Asian countries in 2012 by enhancing political trust and expanding common interests, a minister said Sunday.The regional situation will continue to undergo profound changes in 2012, posing challenges for China’s diplomatic initiatives, Assistant Foreign Minister Liu Zhenmin said.
To handle differences, China will enhance political trust and expand common interests with countries in the region, Liu said in an interview with Xinhua.
It will create a favourable environment for China’s economic growth and contribute to peace in Asia and the world, he added.
There will be important meetings between Chinese leaders and their counterparts from other Asian countries in 2012, he said.
The Seoul Nuclear Summit, the BRICS Summit in India, the Asia-Europe Meeting in Laos and the East Asia Summit in Cambodia are some of the platforms where they would meet, Liu said.
“We will take the opportunities of high-level visits, strategic dialogues and exchange mechanisms at various levels to enhance strategic coordination and mutual understanding with Asian countries,” he said.
China will continue to play a constructive role in resolving hot regional issues, and will properly settle existing differences with neighbouring countries through dialogues.
China will speed up the building of an inter-connected infrastructure network, boost regional financial cooperation and encourage Chinese enterprises to invest in neighbouring countries, among others, he said.
China also plans to set up more Chinese cultural centres in Asian countries to cement educational and cultural exchanges with neighbouring countries, he added.
- China, Bangladesh hold discussions - Oct 18, 2011
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Despite irritants, India, China to hold boundary talks - Jan 09, 2012
- China to boost maritime cooperation with ASEAN countries - Dec 17, 2011
- `Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India's concerns' - Sep 04, 2012
- Pakistan-China trade can reach $15 bn: Gilani - Apr 01, 2012
- China seeks 'better external environment' - Jan 04, 2012
- India, China hold maiden border mechanism talks - Mar 06, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Sri Lanka - Sep 18, 2012
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- India calls for greater connectivity with ASEAN (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- China welcomes India, Myanmar talks - May 28, 2012
- India to host ministers of Mekong-Ganga countries - Dec 05, 2011
- Tsunami fears stress need for greater ties with ASEAN: India - Apr 12, 2012
- Chinese experts propose India-China-Africa trilateral - Sep 18, 2011
Tags: asia europe, asian countries, asian nations, chinese enterprises, chinese leaders, common interests, constructive role, cultural exchanges, diplomatic initiatives, east asia summit, favourable environment, financial cooperation, infrastructure network, mutual understanding, neighbouring countries, nuclear summit, profound changes, regional issues, regional situation, xinhua