China urges France to resolve issues in bilateral tiesApril 27th, 2008 - 7:35 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, April 27 (Xinhua) China Sunday said it hoped France would take concrete steps to resolve the recent irritants in bilateral relations and promote ties. “We hope France will pay great attention to the current problems in China-France relationship, take concrete actions and work with China to overcome difficulties, enhance friendship and deepen mutual trust, to enable the relationship to develop in a healthy and stable way,” Vice President Xi Jinping told Jean-David Levitte, diplomatic adviser to French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
Xi said a series of events that occurred in France recently have hurt the Chinese people’s feelings and also damaged the image of France in the minds of the Chinese people.
Levitte, who is here on a visit, said the French government attached great importance to improving and strengthening the comprehensive strategic partnership between France and China and were ready to do all they could in this regard.
China believed it was in the common interests of both countries that they develop a comprehensive strategic partnership which is also conducive to world peace and stability, Xi told Levitte.
He also briefed the French official about the Chinese government’s policies on Tibet and preparation for the Beijing Olympic Games, saying the Chinese government and people had the confidence and ability to hold the Games successfully.
Noting that France welcomed China’s development and believed that China’s development was beneficial to France and the world, he stressed that France definitely supported the one-China policy and recognized that Tibet and Taiwan are inalienable parts of the Chinese territory.
He also wished the Beijing Olympics a great success.
- China, France resolve to maintain strategic ties (Lead) - Apr 27, 2008
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
- China vows to resolve boundary dispute peacefully - Sep 21, 2012
- China, France pledge to deepen military ties - Oct 01, 2011
- US, Chinese vice presidents discuss relations - Feb 08, 2012
- China pushes for enhanced cooperation with Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- Chinese, US vice presidents hold talks - Aug 18, 2011
- Obama calls China a strong nation, arrives in Beijing (Second Lead) - Nov 16, 2009
- Return of Sarkozy shows France's importance to India (Comment) - Dec 02, 2010
- India, China to hold boundary talks Monday (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- China puts French satellite into space - Oct 08, 2011
- Bangladesh seeks close ties with China - Jun 20, 2011
- Krishna meets next China PM, maps future ties (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- India touches base with future China PM, maps future ties (Roundup) - Jun 06, 2012