China unveils list of top 500 companiesSeptember 4th, 2011 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 4 (IANS) China’s Sinopec Group with a revenue of 1.97 trillion yuan (about $307 billion) has been ranked first on the list of the country’s top 500 companies this year.
The China National Petroleum Corp. and the State Grid Corp. whose revenues hit 1.72 trillion yuan and 1.53 trillion yuan last year, have been ranked second and third respectively.
The list was unveiled in Chengdu city in southwestern Sichuan province Saturday, Global Times reported.
Other top 10 companies included the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Mobile, China Railway Group, China Railway Construction Corp., China Construction Bank, China Life Insurance Co. and Agricultural Bank of China.
The list, 10th of its kind, was jointly released by China Enterprise Confederation and the China Enterprise Directors Association.
The threshold for entering the list was raised to 14.2 billion yuan in revenues, an increase over the 11.08-billion-yuan threshold used during the previous year.
Revenues for China’s top 500 companies rose 31.6 percent year-on-year to 36.31 trillion yuan in 2010, while their total assets increased by 18.4 percent to 108.1 trillion yuan, the two organizations said.
The companies reported profits of 2.08 trillion yuan for last year, a rise of 38.67 percent from a year earlier.
They paid 2.73 trillion yuan in taxes in 2010, accounting for 37.3 percent of the country’s total tax revenues.
- China releases list of top 500 private companies - Oct 12, 2010
- China's 2011 fiscal revenue hits $1.64 trillion - Jan 20, 2012
- Profits of China's major companies slide (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Jiangsu Group tops list of China's top-500 private companies (Lead) - Oct 12, 2010
- 57 Indian firms in Forbes Global 2000 list - Apr 23, 2011
- China's IT industry sees revenue growth - Apr 09, 2012
- China to give support to small firms - Feb 07, 2012
- China's fiscal revenue up - Mar 12, 2012
- Chinese firm terminates six overseas projects - Aug 22, 2011
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 - Feb 03, 2012
- China's major companies' profits slide - Jun 29, 2012
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- `China's fiscal revenues to surpass budget this year' - Dec 01, 2011
- Chinese firm to buy Canadian energy company - Oct 10, 2011
- China cuts railway budget - Dec 24, 2011
Tags: agricultural bank of china, bank of china, chengdu city, china china, china construction bank, china enterprise, china life insurance, china life insurance co, china railway, commercial bank of china, global times, industrial and commercial bank of china, life insurance co, national petroleum, petroleum corp, railway construction, railway group, sichuan province, sinopec group, top 500 companies