China to punish obstruction of school busApril 11th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 11 (IANS) Drivers in China refusing to give way to school buses will be penalised.
In the latest accident, three children were killed and 14 were injured Monday when an overloaded school bus slammed into a truck in Yangchun in Guangdong province.
The School Bus Safety Management Regulations have been issued by the State Council following a series of fatal school bus accidents that have raised public concern, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Drivers of any vehicle will face 200 yuan ($30) fine for not giving way to school buses.
–Indo-Asia News Service
- China to launch traffic safety campaign - Aug 01, 2011
- 18 school kids killed in China accident - Nov 16, 2011
- No driver's licenses for drug addicts in China - Aug 06, 2012
- Four officials sacked as 18 kids die in accident - Nov 17, 2011
- Drunken driving top road killer: Report - Jul 31, 2012
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- China truck driver jailed for overloading - Jul 25, 2012
- At least 36 die in fatal bus crash in India - Dec 27, 2010
- China to deploy more security guards at schools - Aug 17, 2012
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Man shoots wife in place of pig (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Thailand flood toll rises to 754 - Dec 22, 2011
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Third lead) - May 28, 2012