China to host global climate conference in NovemberOctober 28th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 28 (Xinhua) China in collaboration with the UN will organise a two-day global conference on climate change here in November, officials said Tuesday.Around 100 countries and international non-government organisations will participate in the high-level conference Nov 7-8, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said.
The conference will discuss current developments in eco-friendly technologies as well as transfer of such technologies globally, a senior official of the NDRC Gao Guangsheng said at a press conference.
The meeting will co-host by China and the UN, he said.
China would put forward its plans on the establishment of a mechanism to promote international technology transfer at the conference, he said.
- China sets up gene bank - Jun 18, 2011
- China, US hold energy efficiency forum - Jun 13, 2012
- China's foreign trade to top $3 trillion this year: Official - Oct 28, 2011
- Pranab to address international meeting on black money, tax reforms - Jun 12, 2011
- Cabinet approves Ministerial dialogue on Climate Change, technology mechanism - Nov 04, 2010
- India launches bio-toilets for rural homes - Jun 24, 2012
- Chinese shipbuilders in choppy waters - Apr 30, 2012
- China approves 25 urban rail projects to boost economy - Sep 06, 2012
- Eco-friendly tech expo opens in China - Nov 26, 2011
- Dubai to host global eco-friendly technology exhibition - Mar 03, 2010
- Tech Expo displays innovations easily replicable in Africa (With Images) - Mar 01, 2012
- India-Africa strategic dialogue begins Thursday - Nov 23, 2011
- South-South relations need to be strong: Anand Sharma - May 06, 2011
- India will be more flexible at Cancun climate talks: Ramesh - Nov 10, 2010
- Stones more versatile as building materials: Experts - Dec 16, 2011