China strongly opposes US Senate’s Tibet resolutionApril 14th, 2008 - 7:29 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, April 14 (Xinhua) China strongly opposed a resolution Monday on Tibet adopted by the US Senate. The resolution, proposed by a few senators in disregard to China’s strong protests, “persistently favoured the Dalai clique and interfered with China’s internal affairs,” said foreign ministry spokesperson Jiang Yu in a statement.
“China is strongly indignant and resolutely opposed to the resolution,” she said.
Jiang urged US senators to see clearly the Dalai Lama’s true nature, which she said was to engage in secessionist activities under the guise of religion.
The Dalai group is talking of dialogue and peace, but confrontation and violence is what they do, she said.
“We demand those few senators to respect facts, abandon prejudice and immediately stop wrongful remarks and deeds that hurt the Chinese people’s feeling and harm China-US relations,” said Jiang.
- China strongly opposes US Senate's Tibet resolution - Apr 15, 2008
- China criticises US report on religious freedom - Jul 31, 2012
- Don't hold Obama-Dalai Lama meeting: China - Jul 16, 2011
- China summons US ambassador over Obama-Dalai Lama meeting (Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Self-immolations: China warns Dalai Lama - Mar 07, 2012
- Self-immolations in Tibet politically motivated: Lawmaker - May 16, 2012
- Dalai Lama playing 'tricks' with resignation as Tibetan political leader: China - Mar 10, 2011
- China calls Obama-Dalai Lama meeting 'violation of norms' - Feb 19, 2010
- Tibetan self immolations: Why isn't the world listening? (Comment) - Mar 29, 2012
- Obama-Dalai Lama meet undermines US as major power: Chinese daily - Jul 18, 2011
- China urges US to stop meddling on Tibet - Mar 29, 2012
- China doubts Dalai Lama's retirement - Mar 10, 2011
- China furious as Obama meets Dalai Lama (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Osama's death a milestone for anti-terror effort: China - May 03, 2011
- China urges US to take concrete actions for healthy bilateral ties - Feb 19, 2010