China, Saudi Arabia pledge to promote exchangesJanuary 15th, 2012 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 15 (IANS) China and Saudi Arabia have pledged to work together to promote world peace and expand cooperation as Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao paid an official visit to the kingdom, the first by a prime minister in 20 years.
Both countries have treated each other as equals with respect, and their cooperation has been fruitful since the establishment of diplomatic ties 22 years ago, Xinhua quoted Wen as telling Saudi crown prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
He said Saturday that in recent years, despite the fact that international and regional situations became complicated and volatile, the two countries strengthened high-level exchanges and promoted mutual trust.
He said the two sides should expand trade of crude oil and natural gas.
The Chinese government encourages companies in the country to take part in Saudi infrastructure construction ventures like railways, sea ports, electricity and telecommunications, he said.
The two nations could also enhance security and law enforcement cooperation, and promote people-to-people exchanges in education and sports.
Nayef said Saudi Arabia was willing to boost political mutual trust with China, expand cooperation in economy and trade, energy, infrastructure, culture, press, and security, promote friendship between the two peoples, and lift bilateral ties to a higher level.
Wen arrived in the country Saturday evening after a brief visit to Nepal on the same day. The premier is also expected to meet King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz.
- China, Saudi Arabia vow to enhance ties - Jan 16, 2012
- Saudi crown prince passes away in Geneva (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- Saudi crown prince,78, dies in Geneva (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Salman Khurshid arrives for Saudi Arabian prince's funeral - Jun 17, 2012
- Antony's visit: India, Saudi Arabia seek stronger ties - Feb 15, 2012
- Saudi crown prince dies in Geneva at 78 - Jun 16, 2012
- Wen urges cooperation to address trade imbalance with US - Mar 14, 2012
- Saudi king chooses new crown prince, interior minister - Jun 18, 2012
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Chinese, Russian PMs pledge closer cooperation - Oct 11, 2011
- Chinese Premier Wen says his India visit will promote friendship - Dec 15, 2010
- Pakistan PM leaves for Saudi Arabia - Jul 15, 2012
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain discuss bilateral relations - Aug 01, 2012
- Indian defence minister leaves for Saudi Arabia - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: al saud, bilateral ties, chinese government, chinese premier wen jiabao, diplomatic ties, energy infrastructure, infrastructure construction, king abdullah, law enforcement cooperation, level exchanges, mutual trust, premier wen jiabao, prince nayef, saturday evening, saudi arabia, saudi crown prince, sea ports, two peoples, world peace, xinhua