China, Russia launch talks on energy cooperationJuly 26th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 26 (Xinhua) China and Russia Saturday launched negotiations for cooperation in energy sector. Chinese vice premier Wang Qishan and visiting Russian deputy prime minister Igor Sechin after their meeting told reporters the two countries would push forward their cooperation in energy sector to lift bilateral strategic partnership to a new level.
“Today’s first round of negotiation achieves positive fruits,” Wang said after co-chairing the negotiation with Sechin.
Energy cooperation plays an important role in the strategic cooperation between China and Russia, he said, noting the establishment of the energy resources negotiation mechanism injected new vitality into the China-Russia energy cooperation.
Wen hoped China-Russia cooperation would eventually be extended into crude oil trade, construction of oil and gas pipelines, prospecting and exploitation, refining and chemical industries.
The Chinese minister also hoped the two countries would further promote cooperation in nuclear energy and make joint efforts for setting up a comprehensive, long-term, stable and mutually beneficial cooperative relations in energy sector.
The Russian minister delivered a letter from Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao.
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Chinese, Russian PMs pledge closer cooperation - Oct 11, 2011
- Putin calls for closer economic ties with China - Oct 12, 2011
- China, Russia seek to expand tourism ties - Mar 24, 2012
- China pushes for enhanced cooperation with Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- Russia-China trade turnover doubles to $60 bn in 2010 - Jun 04, 2011
- China, Russia sign gas, banking deals as Putin visits (Lead) - Oct 13, 2009
- Chinese PM to visit Russia - Nov 06, 2011
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- China, Britain discuss bilateral ties (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- China-Russia ties challenges Western hegemony: Daily - Jun 05, 2012
- Putin to deepen cooperation with India, China - Jul 10, 2012
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Vladimir Putin begins China visit - Jun 05, 2012