China qualify for women’s epee team semis at London OlympicsAugust 4th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) China beat Germany 45-42 to qualify for the semi-finals of the women’s epee team event at the Olympic Games Saturday.
Leading 40-34 into the final bout, China’s anchor fencer Sun Yujie, the current world No.1, struggled against a late surge from Britta Heidemann but managed to snatch the final deadly hit to wrap up the win for China, reports Xinhua.
In the semi-finals, China are to meet Russia who beat Ukraine 45-34.
South Korea pulled off an upset as they knocked out world champions Romania 45-38, and will in the other semi-finals face the United States, who won 45-35 over Italy.
- Olympic fencing: Epee gold for Ukraine's Shemyakina - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic fencing: Korean girl falls victim to timing error - Jul 31, 2012
- Venezuela's Limardo wins Olympic epee gold - Aug 02, 2012
- Asian Boxing: Pinki, Sonia, Sarita in semifinals - Mar 21, 2012
- Olympic fencing: Second seed Li crashes out - Jul 30, 2012
- London Olympics to go down as Athletes' Games: IOC chief - Aug 13, 2012
- Chitra, Praveen in title round of National Snooker - Jan 28, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: India's Geeta in repechage (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Bronze for Russia, Ireland - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Light heavyweight gold for Russia's Mekhontsev - Aug 12, 2012
- Mary Kom stays on course for her fifth world title - Sep 16, 2010
- Wrist injury forces Vikas to withdraw from Olympic test event final - Nov 28, 2011
- Olympics: China's Lei Sheng wins foil gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Mary Kom secures historic bronze (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: Five Indians stay in gold hunt; bronze for four - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: anchor, britta heidemann, china reports, epee, fencer, final bout, germany, italy, late surge, london olympics, olympic games, olympics, romania, russia, semi finals, semis, south korea, ukraine, world champions, xinhua