China quake toll rises to 65,000

May 26th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by admin  

Xinhua
Beijing, May 26 (Xinhua) The toll in the May 12 killer earthquake in southwestern China’s Sichuan province rose to 65,000 Monday, information office of the State Council said. According to the government reports, more than 360,000 people have been injured in the quake and 65,080 are still missing.

About 14.38 million quake-affected people have been evacuated, the statement said.

It also revealed that 83,527 injured had been hospitalised after the quake.

Among them, 53,247 have been discharged from hospitals, 17,168 still remain in hospital and 5,914 were transferred to other parts of China for treatment.
Xinhua

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe