China, North Korea to develop economic zonesAugust 14th, 2012 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 14 (IANS) China will develop two economic zones in North Korea, China’s commerce ministry announced Tuesday.
Both sides met here Tuesday to discuss the setting up of Rason Economic and Trade Zone and Hwanggumphyong and Wihwa Islands Economic Zone, the China Daily reported.
A joint mechanism to train personnel, for compiling plans and regulations, customs clearance and telecom links will be established, according to the ministry.
Both countries have signed agreements on the proposed economic zones.
- India, China to hold maiden strategic economic dialogue - Sep 25, 2011
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- India, China to launch new border mechanism soon - Oct 05, 2011
- India, Brazil, South Africa to hold meet for enhancing trade - Oct 19, 2011
- Kim Jong Il visits China - May 03, 2010
- China eyes free trade deal with South Korea - Apr 15, 2012
- India to fund development projects in Lanka (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Chinese experts propose India-China-Africa trilateral - Sep 18, 2011
- China, Taiwan sign historic economic pact (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- India-Japan economic pact comes into force - Aug 01, 2011
- China to boost maritime cooperation with ASEAN countries - Dec 17, 2011
- Pakistan invites South Korea to set up economic zone - Dec 01, 2011
- China denies reports of 'Beijing dispatching troops' in N. Korea to protect citizens - Jan 17, 2011
- China eyes Myanmar power sector - May 25, 2012
- China establishes new city - Jul 24, 2012