China moves 12-year plan on education reformAugust 29th, 2008 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 29 (Xinhua) China has begun drawing up a 12-year plan for education reform and development, stressing its role in promoting economic development and technology innovation.The National Science and Technology Education Leading Group under the chairmanship of President Wen Jiabao examined and approved the draft education reform plan Friday .
“It is necessary to make a medium and long-term plan for education reform and development in accordance with the new requirements to build a moderately prosperous society in all respects,” said the plan paper.
It added that reforms are based on “the new trend of domestic and overseas development and the new expectations of the people”.
It urged education be given priority on the promotion and development of talent in innovative technology. It also stressed the role education in economic development.
There was general agreement at the meeting that the plan should make specific requirements in terms of education scale, structure, quality and goals in different phases and in different regions. Also included are major issues such as the systemic reform of basic, vocational education and college education.
The group would solicit advice from experts, parents and students before drawing up a “satisfactory” guideline.
- China calls for scientific, technological reform - Jul 02, 2012
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- China a huge opportunity for Britain: Cameron - Jun 27, 2011
- 'Ore, exploration can take India-China trade to $100 bn' - Nov 17, 2011
- Ahluwalia to lead India-China strategic economic dialogue - Sep 23, 2011
- Chinese PM urges poverty reduction - May 27, 2012
- Economic restructuring most pressing task: Wen (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- 'China to safely develop n-power' (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- China to "basically eradicate poverty" by 2020: Wen Jiabao - Mar 07, 2011
- China will take an active part in multilateral diplomacy: Premier Wen - Mar 05, 2011
- India, China set to hold first strategic economic dialogue - Sep 01, 2011
- China vows to strengthen military to win 'local wars' (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Chinese article on reforms appears critical of Premier Jiabao: NYT - Oct 28, 2010
- China to boost economic reform in key industries - Mar 24, 2012