China, Indonesia eye closer military tiesJanuary 16th, 2012 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 16 (IANS) China wants closer military ties with Indonesia, Defence Minister Liang Guanglie said here Monday.
China is ready to advance strategic partnership with Indonesia for peace and development of the region and the world, Liang said.
He was speaking to Indonesian ambassador to China Imron Cotan, Xinhua reported.
Both sides have held defence consultations, joint training, among others, in the recent past.
Imron said Indonesia regards working with China as an opportunity rather than a challenge.
Liang visited Indonesia last May at the invitation of his Indonesian counterpart Purnomo Yusgiantoro.
- China, US vow stable military ties - May 02, 2012
- China, Bangladesh pledge closer military ties - Sep 15, 2011
- China, Indonesia vow to boost ties - Mar 24, 2012
- High expectations from Chinese minister's India trip: Daily - Sep 05, 2012
- Chinese defence minister in US to boost military ties - May 11, 2012
- 'China, India military exchanges back on track' - Sep 03, 2012
- India, China agree to work closely in Asia-Pacific region - Sep 07, 2012
- Indonesia to buy old F-16 jets from US - Oct 26, 2011
- Chinese, US defence ministers meet to strengthen military ties - Jan 10, 2011
- India, Indonesia to boost anti-piracy cooperation - Jan 10, 2011
- Chinese, US defence chiefs hold talks - Sep 18, 2012
- `Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India's concerns' - Sep 04, 2012
- Sri Lanka, China seek to strengthen military ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Indian, Chinese defence ministers hold 'fruitful' talks - Sep 04, 2012
- China-US military ties impasse set to end - Oct 12, 2010