China busts 600 online criminal gangsJuly 26th, 2012 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 25 (IANS) Chinese Police have busted more than 600 online criminal gangs, including those involved in arms trade and pornography.
The operation was part of a special campaign against crimes launched in March, Xinhua reported.
As of June, over 10,000 people had been arrested, the public security ministry said in a statement.
Thirty internet service providers have been punished for granting network access to unlicensed websites.
- China cracks down on online crime, over 1,000 held (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Gun smuggling in China via express delivery, internet - Apr 05, 2012
- China closes over 7,000 illegal websites - Feb 22, 2012
- 2,000 Chinese awarded for reporting online porn - Mar 05, 2012
- China to launch campaign against online porn - Feb 28, 2012
- Chinese man forced sex slaves to act in pornography shows - Sep 24, 2011
- China sets up office for Internet information management - May 04, 2011
- 31 held in China for running porn website - Jul 19, 2012
- 31 abducted infants rescued in China - Jun 01, 2012
- China cracks down on bogus cigarette dens, 78 held - Nov 14, 2011
- 600 Chinese held in child trafficking racket - Dec 07, 2011
- China arrests 12,000 for selling drugs online - Oct 30, 2011
- China vows to tackle counterfeit drugs - Dec 20, 2011
- 16 Chinese websites closed, six detained for spreading rumours - Mar 31, 2012
- 450 arrested in China telecom scam - Aug 26, 2010