China angered by Sarkozy-Dalai Lama meetingDecember 7th, 2008 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 7 (Xinhua) China Sunday expressed strong indignation over French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s meeting with the Dalai Lama Saturday in Poland.”The French side’s wrong action grossly interfered in China’s internal affairs and also severely hurt the feelings of the Chinese people,” said foreign ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao in a press release.
Liu reaffirmed that China has always valued China-France ties.
He urged France to take China’s position and concerns into serious consideration, so as to ensure the steady and sound development of bilateral relations.
- China lodges strong protest over Sarkozy meeting the Dalai Lama - Dec 08, 2008
- French embassy web site in China hacked - Dec 12, 2008
- China condemns French honor for Dalai Lama - Jun 10, 2009
- China blames Britain for damaging relations - Jun 14, 2012
- China against Dalai Lama's global activities - Jan 18, 2012
- China summons US ambassador over Obama-Dalai Lama meeting (Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- China urges Sarkozy to cancel meeting with Dalai Lama - Dec 02, 2008
- Obama-Dalai Lama meet undermines US as major power: Chinese daily - Jul 18, 2011
- China protests Danish meetings with Dalai Lama - May 30, 2009
- China puts French satellite into space - Oct 08, 2011
- China furious as Obama meets Dalai Lama (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- China, France pledge to deepen military ties - Oct 01, 2011
- Dalai Lama's French 'honor' nothing more than political stunt: Chinese experts - Jun 09, 2009
- China has to improve moral authority to be seen as a super power: Dalai Lama - Dec 05, 2008
- Dalai Lama to meet French President Sarkozy Dec 6 - Nov 25, 2008