Chilly day in Delhi, clear Thursday in store (Lead)January 11th, 2012 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) Icy winds blew through the day and the temperatures dipped below average Wednesday. Delhiites can look forward to a misty morning followed by a clear day Thursday.
The maximum temperature settled two notches below average at 18.5 degrees while the minimum was recorded three notches below average at 4.6 degrees.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 97 and a low of 43 percent.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD) a light blanket of fog will cover the capital early Thursday morning while the afternoon will be sunny and clear.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover round 20 and 5 degrees Celsius,” said the IMD official.
Tuesday’s minimum temperature was recorded at 4.5 degrees, three notches below average, while the maximum settled at 17.9 degrees.
- Wet, foggy Saturday in Delhi, to continue Sunday (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Delhi shivers with nippy winds, sunny day ahead - Jan 11, 2012
- Another chilly day in the capital (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Pleasant weekend forecast for Delhi (Lead) - Nov 19, 2011
- Pleasant day in capital - Nov 25, 2011
- Chilly weekend in Delhi, fog expected Monday morning (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Season's coldest morning in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
- Thick fog, nippy winds in Delhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead - Dec 22, 2011
- Delhi shivers on Lohri, clear day ahead (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Another warm, sunny day in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Foggy morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Nov 24, 2011
- Coldest Feb 9 in five years, chill to continue Friday (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Chilly morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Dec 17, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi ahead of Diwali(Lead) - Oct 25, 2011