Chill continues in Uttar PradeshDecember 29th, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 29 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh continued to be in the grip of a cold wave Thursday, though there was a slight rise in temperatures compared to the past few days.
Agra again recorded the lowest in the state at a minimum temperature of 3.9 degrees Celsius, while Kanpur stood at 4.1 degrees.
Kanpur had seen mercury plummet to 0.5 degree earlier this week.
State capital Lucknow saw a minimum temperature of 5.8 degrees, while the maximum went up to 24.2 degrees.
A rise in day temperature was recorded in almost all corners of the state, where it ranged between 22-24 degrees Celsius.
Except for early morning mist, the Met Office has forecast mainly clear skies for the coming days.
No deaths were reported on account of the cold since Wednesday, an official said.
- North India shivers, fog hits rail traffic (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Winter onslaught continues, 11 deaths in UP, Jharkhand toll 45 (Intro Roundup) - Jan 06, 2011
- North India shivers as winter chill continues (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- 11 deaths in UP, Jharkhand toll 45 as winter onslaught continues (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2011
- Delhi records this December's lowest temperature - Dec 16, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh shivers as mercury plummets - Dec 19, 2011
- Sunny day brings respite for north India, but chill persists (Roundup) - Jan 13, 2011
- Cold keeps grip on north India, fog affects 51 trains (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Bone-chilling winter cold stings northern India (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2011
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
- Deaths, accidents as cold wave grips north India (Roundup) - Dec 19, 2011
- Amritsar shivers at minus 2.1 degrees - Dec 30, 2011
- Cold wave continues across North India (Roundup) - Jan 10, 2012
- 15 die due to severe cold in Andhra (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- A bright sun warms, but freeze continues in north India (Roundup) - Jan 23, 2012