Children strip, thrash two boys for stealing mobile phoneMay 9th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 9 (IANS) Two boys charged with stealing a mobile phone were stripped and beaten by a group of about 12 children who were allegedly instigated by news photographers in Jharkhand’s Chatra district, police said Saturday.
Golu, 8, and Litra, 9, were caught stealing a mobile phone during a wedding at the house of Jawahar Ram in Avvaal locality of Chatra, about 190 km from here, Friday night.
The boys were stripped, tied with a rope and beaten up by a group of children aged between 12 and 15, said Chatra Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar Jha.
“Some photographers of local newspapers instigated the children to strip the victims to get good pictures,” a police official told IANS on condition of anonymity.
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
- Boy beaten for 30 minutes after he stole to play video games - Aug 16, 2011
- Mayawati's officials out to taint SP's image: Akhilesh (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Dailt teenagers accused of theft tied with ropes, dragged - Jun 07, 2010
- Cargo loaders arrested for stealing 106 mobiles - Sep 20, 2010
- Class 12 boy thrashed for using mobile in school, hospitalised - Jul 23, 2010
- Delhi BJP worker killed, party councillor arrested (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Hundreds out in Guwahati demanding punishment for molesters - Jul 15, 2012
- Man arrested for thefts at marriage functions - Dec 07, 2010
- Molestation case: Police nabs two more - Jul 15, 2012
- Assam's night of shame: A channel head recalls (Special) - Jul 14, 2012
- Three policemen killed by Maoists in Jharkhand - Mar 01, 2011
- Check the speed! Expressway accidents cause concern - Sep 01, 2012
- Mulayam summons UP police chief, chief secretary over violence (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012