Child workers rescued from eatery in Uttar PradeshFebruary 19th, 2009 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, February 19 (IANS) Five children, engaged as child workers in an eating joint in an Uttar Pradesh town, were rescued by Thursday, officials said.
The children, all under 15 years of age, were freed during a raid Thursday by a team of the state labour department officials from the eating joint in the Mawaha village in Fatehpur district, some 200 km from Lucknow.
“During the raid, the owner of the eating joint managed to escape. He is still at large,” assistant labour commissioner Neelam Mishra told reporters in Fatehpur, adding the police have been asked to arrest the eatery owner.
According to officials, four of the children belong to Gaya and Chhapra districts in Bihar, while one is from Fatehpur district.
All the children have been sent to a state protection home for children in Kanpur, they added.
- 40 bonded labourers rescued in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 26, 2011
- 70 bonded labourers freed in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 29, 2011
- 25 Chhattisgarh child labourers rescued from brick kiln - Jan 31, 2011
- 11 child labourers rescued in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2010
- Children rescued from carpet unit - Jan 26, 2011
- Child trafficker held, eight kids rescued - Oct 24, 2011
- Couple arrested for harassing minor maids - Apr 27, 2012
- Six Nepali kids rescued in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 22, 2010
- Seven child traffickers held, 41 minors rescued - Apr 23, 2010
- 29 child labourers rescued from Delhi - Jul 15, 2011
- 26 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 25, 2011
- Seven child labourers rescued from Rajasthan milk plant - May 25, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- NGO launches action week before child labour day - Jun 09, 2010
- Three Swedes among Uttar Pradesh rail accident victims - Jul 11, 2011