Child trafficker nabbed in Lucknow, minors rescuedNovember 30th, 2011 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 30 (IANS) Four children, being taken to Punjab to work as labourers, were rescued from a train in the Uttar Pradesh capital, police said Wednesday. A man has been arrested on charges of child trafficking.
The children, aged 10-13 years, all hailing from Rae Bareli district in the state, were rescued by the Government Railway Police (GRP) after a raid in the general coach of the Punjab Mail Tuesday. Harish Chandra was arrested but his two accomplices escaped.
“On the pretext of education and employment, the minors were being taken to Punjab to perform menial jobs in factories,” police inspector Mahendra Singh told reporters here.
- Child trafficker held, eight kids rescued - Oct 24, 2011
- 25 Chhattisgarh child labourers rescued from brick kiln - Jan 31, 2011
- Seven child traffickers held, 41 minors rescued - Apr 23, 2010
- 15 child workers rescued in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Couple arrested for harassing minor maids - Apr 27, 2012
- No rehabilitation for 95 percent of rescued child labourers - Jan 25, 2011
- 36 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- 26 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 25, 2011
- 42 child labourers rescued in Delhi, Punjab - Jun 07, 2011
- 53 child workers rescued - Oct 04, 2011
- Child labour at Goa's top medical facility? - Mar 30, 2012
- Six Nepali kids rescued in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 22, 2010
- Six units employing child labourers sealed, 20 held - Mar 24, 2011
- Human trafficker nabbed in Guwahati, 8 girls rescued - May 19, 2012
- 40 bonded labourers rescued in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: 13 years, accomplices, capital police, child trafficking, coach, education, factories, grp, harish chandra, mahendra singh, mail, menial jobs, police inspector, pretext, rae bareli district, railway police, trafficker, train, uttar pradesh capital