Child trafficker held, eight kids rescuedOctober 24th, 2011 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 24 (IANS) A man from Bihar was arrested and eight children, being taken to Rajasthan to work as labourers, were rescued from a train in Uttar Pradesh’s Mirzapur district, police said Monday.
The children, who hail from Gaya, were rescued following a raid on a coach of the Jodhpur-Howrah Express late Sunday in Mirzapur, some 300 km from here.
The raid was conducted following a tip-off by an NGO.
“Sultan was taking the children to Jaipur to work in bangle factories on the pretext of providing them education and employment,” said government railway police inspector Gulab Singh.
“Three accomplices of Sultan managed to escape. For the last four-five years, Sultan had been working for a human-trafficking racket,” he added.
According to police, all the eight children are aged between 9-12 years.
- 13-year-old Delhi girl rescued from human traffickers - Sep 05, 2012
- Two human-traffickers held, 14 kids rescued - Jun 26, 2011
- Child trafficker nabbed in Lucknow, minors rescued - Nov 30, 2011
- 70 bonded labourers freed in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 29, 2011
- Sex racket busted in Kolkata, 6 arrested - Dec 01, 2011
- Child labour at Goa's top medical facility? - Mar 30, 2012
- Police rescue 25 minor girls from Bihar fair - Feb 14, 2012
- Four minors rescued from Delhi brothel - Mar 01, 2012
- Three held with marijuana worth over Rs.3 crore - Sep 28, 2010
- Minors rescued from Delhi brothel - Aug 18, 2012
- 24 Indian human-trafficking victims rescued in Malaysia - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi-Howrah rail route disrupted - Jan 06, 2011
- 36 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- Mumbai police busts sex racket - Dec 22, 2011
- 28 freed from private Pakistani prison - Dec 26, 2011