Child rights panel wants probe details of Gurgaon boy’s deathJuly 6th, 2012 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) Following the death of a child after falling into a drain in Gurgaon, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights Friday asked the Haryana government to share details of the probe into the incident.
“It’s simply unfortunate. The district magistrate is charged with carrying out the probe into the incident and we have asked the Haryana government to share the probe details with us,” said panel member Vinod Kumar Tikoo.
“The findings should be with us within next 15 days,” Tikoo told IANS.
Days after a four-year-old girl died after falling into a deep borewell in Gurgaon, a five-year-old boy died Thursday after falling in an open drain carrying industrial waste.
The incident took place after a spell of rain.
Sumit, the son of a migrant labourer, was pulled out and rushed to a hospital. However, he could not be saved.
- Child falls in Gurgaon drain, dies (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
- No police complaint filed after Gurgaon boy's death - Jul 06, 2012
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned borewells - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Newborn's death: Rights panel seeks report in 15 days - Nov 03, 2011
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Man who dug Mahi's death trap sent to jail - Jul 08, 2012
- Three-year-old rescued from borewell in Gurdaspur, dies in hospital - Jun 03, 2010
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Child rights panel questions Bengal on infant deaths - Feb 07, 2012
- Boy rescued safely from borewell in Maharashtra (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012