Child rights body seeks report on ragging in Sainik SchoolNovember 18th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) Friday took cognizance of reports of ragging of children in a Sainik School in Jharkhand and asked the defence ministry to take necessary action and send a factual report to it.
According to NCPCR, they have received some complaints about children of Sainik school in Jhumri Tilaiya in Jharkhand’s Koderma district have been allegedly subjected to ragging by seniors which provoked one of the victims to attempt suicide.
“Rehan (name changed) had attempted suicide after being repeatedly ragged by the seniors in the Army school. According to another such complaint, one Surup (name changed), a student of class VII (7) in the school, has been ragged by senior students since his admission,” said an official statement.
Condemning the incidents, the panel has asked the defence ministry to take necessary action in the matter and send a factual report along with authenticated copies of the relevant documents within a stipulated time frame.
Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to probe the incident.
- Court orders probe into ragging in Jharkhand school - Nov 14, 2011
- Incidents of ragging in Sainik Schools being probed: Antony - Dec 19, 2011
- Delhi asked to probe BJP's school uniforms distribution - Oct 28, 2011
- NCPCR seeks report from Karnataka on RTE opposition (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rajasthan colleges told to set up anti-ragging panels - Sep 11, 2012
- Child rights body seeks report from Karnataka on RTE opposition - Jul 19, 2012
- A year since RTE, mere 230 complaints reflect low awareness - Mar 31, 2011
- Three more Sainik Schools to come up, says minister - Jan 22, 2012
- Newborn's death: Rights panel seeks report in 15 days - Nov 03, 2011
- Child rights panel tells Bengal schools to return students' money - Nov 01, 2011
- Remove La Martiniere principal: child rights panel - Jul 19, 2010
- Presidency University student alleges harassment by seniors - Jan 21, 2012
- Now, report ragging in Himachal through SMS - Jul 27, 2010
- Maximum child abuse cases from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh - Nov 22, 2010
- HRD team visits Kolkata school to probe student's suicide - Jun 23, 2010