Child prodigy performs with Mexican philharmonicMarch 6th, 2012 - 10:50 am ICT by IANS
Guadalajara (Mexico), March 6 (IANS/EFE) A nine-year-old pianist made her solo debut over the weekend with the Jalisco Philharmonic Orchestra in western Mexico, opening the orchestra’s season.
Daniela Liebman, who has performed in the US, Spain and Italy, played pieces by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and other classical composers during her appearance in her home state of Jalisco.
“I love to play because you can make people feel things that you can’t make them feel with words,” Daniela told EFE after signing autographs and posing for photos with fans Sunday night.
The young pianist performed with the philharmonic orchestra at the Teatro Degollado in Guadalajara, the capital of Jalisco.
Daniela, who comes from a family of talented musicians, is considered a child prodigy because she started playing the piano at the age of three and turned professional at the age of six, her teacher, composer and conductor Anatoly Zatin, said.
Daniela’s life is like that of most girls her age from Monday to Wednesday, attending the fourth grade, doing chores, playing video games and exploring the Internet.
The rest of the week, however, Daniela is in Colima, located about 200 km from Guadalajara, where Zatin serves as director of the Instituto Universitario de Bellas Artes.
Daniela spends between three and four hours a day at the piano, putting in “a pretty intense session”, Zatin said.
Daniela’s hard work has paid off, allowing her to perform at the Varallo International Piano Festival in Milan, Italy, the Elan Piano Festival in Texas and in numerous concerts in various Mexican states.
“It hasn’t been hard because you can’t get nervous about doing something that you like to do,” Daniela, who won Madrid’s Noche music contest last year, said.
- Mexican group mixes ancestral music with Beatles melodies - Apr 22, 2012
- Seven family members commit suicide in Mexico - Jan 13, 2012
- Mexican congressional hopeful bares some skin in posters - May 08, 2012
- Mexican Army kills drug lord - Jul 31, 2010
- 26 bodies found inside three vehicles in Mexico - Nov 25, 2011
- Mexican tequila mogul dies - Mar 22, 2012
- Britney Spears to give free concert in Mexico City - Dec 01, 2011
- Multiple murders: Four Mexican teenagers held - Jan 20, 2012
- Huge pet crocodile seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- Mexico slaughters 3.8 mn chickens to stem bird-flu outbreak - Jul 19, 2012
- Mexico recovers stolen 18th century painting - Sep 11, 2011
- Mexico to vaccinate 1 mn chickens against bird flu - Jul 11, 2012
- Cyanide-laced food kills five in Mexico - Dec 27, 2011
- Mexican sex-crime prosecutors hire male strippers for party - Jul 16, 2011
- Spanish singer honoured for gay rights work - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: anatoly, child prodigy, classical composers, guadalajara mexico, instituto universitario, international piano festival, liebman, mexican states, mexico march, milan italy, music contest, philharmonic orchestra, playing the piano, playing video games, solo debut, talented musicians, teatro degollado, varallo, western mexico, wolfgang amadeus mozart