Child killed as school bus overturns in Uttar PradeshAugust 31st, 2010 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 31 (IANS) An eight-year-old student was killed and 15 were injured when their school bus overturned in Uttar Pradesh’s Deoria district Tuesday, police said.
The Norman Public School’s bus carrying around 20 children overturned in the Rudrapur area.
“Sandeep, a Class four student, died while 15 students suffered multiple injuries. The injured were being treated in a hospital and the condition of four is critical,” Police Inspector Gopal Tripathi told reporters in Deoria, some 300 km from here.
All the injured are students of Classes 1-4.
“According to eyewitnesses, the bus was speeding and overturned after the driver applied sudden brakes to avoid collision with another vehicle,” Tripathi said.
The driver ran away after the accident. “Efforts are on to nab him,” the police officer said.
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- 18 school kids injured as bus overturns - Sep 12, 2011
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- 12 students injured as school bus overturns - Jul 24, 2010
- 15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 28, 2011
- 14 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 14, 2010
- Cyclist killed, 12 kids hurt as school bus overturns - Oct 05, 2010
- 25 hurt as school bus overturns - Sep 29, 2011
- Teacher dies, 40 students injured as bus overturns - May 05, 2011
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Student killed, four injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 17, 2011
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011