Child Journalist Summit begins in DelhiNovember 12th, 2011 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 11 (IANS) A “Child Journalist Summit” bringing together underprivileged children from various cities of the country to share their views on issues they feel strongly about began here Friday.
Organised by NGO World Vision, the four-day event will see children from poorer sections of the society from seven cities sharing findings of surveys they undertook in their communities.
Thirty-six children will present data gathered from 200 children for a social audit on the issue that they felt most strongly about.
The children will present their views through skits, photo exhibitions short films.
The theme of the event is “My life, my story”.
According to World Vision India director Jayakumar Christian, the organisation visited Chennai, Bangalore, Jaipur, Delhi, Goa and Kolkata in preparing for the event.
“We selected 100 children on the basis of their response to various activities,” said Christian.
Surveys were conducted by these children in various cities and one such survey on 172 children in Goa revealed that 44 percent were not aware of child rights.
- Underprivileged children enjoy a day of amusement in Chennai - Nov 22, 2010
- '8 in 10 Indians unaware of high child mortality rate' - Aug 21, 2010
- Fun-filled Children's Day for Mumbai kids - Nov 14, 2011
- Slum kids' take on life through films, photos - Nov 13, 2011
- Foreign child abusers operating in Goa: Church - Jul 09, 2011
- Empowering children to tackle their problems themselves - Nov 14, 2011
- Goa carnival begins March 5 (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Goa's medium of instruction issue takes communal turn - May 24, 2011
- Goa's four-day carnival begins March 5 - Feb 11, 2011
- Disney cartoons promote 'what-is-beautiful-is-good' stereotype - Jan 16, 2011
- CRY launches anti-child labour campaign - Jun 12, 2012
- Ahmedabad slum children to spread Gandhi's message in US - Apr 27, 2012
- Gul Panag to launch 12-city marathon - Dec 23, 2011
- A play for Bangalore's underprivileged children - Oct 23, 2009
- Channel funds to Tamil schools, not NGOs, says Malay parent body - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,