Child injured in high-tension cable explosion near PuneAugust 17th, 2012 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Aug 17 (IANS) A five-year-old child sustained minor injuries when a high-tension wire exploded in Pimpri-Chinchwad city near Pune Friday, police said.
According to police control, the explosion followed a suspected short-circuit in a high-tension electric cable of the Maharashtra State Electricity Board running over Dange Chowk, around 3.25 p.m., creating panic in the city.
A five-year-old boy, Piyush Walunj, standing nearby, sustained minor injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment. He is a resident of Gajanand Colony, near Dange Chowk.
In view of the tense situation following last month’s serial blasts in Pune, police took no chances and rushed to the site along with the bomb disposal squad and a forensic team.
Police, however, emphatically said that the explosion was merely an accident and dismissed all speculation of it being a terror attack.
- Gas leak in Maharashtra, over 10 hospitalised - Jan 18, 2011
- Mumbai to provide housing to poor at reasonable rates - Oct 02, 2010
- 45 percent voting in Mumbai civic polls (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Polls in BMC, 9 other municipal corporations Feb 16 - Jan 03, 2012
- BJP protests Pune lawyer's move to defend terror accused - Sep 19, 2010
- Suspend cops behind firing on Maharashtra farmers: BJP - Aug 12, 2011
- Peaceful start to Maharashtra civic corporation polls - Feb 16, 2012
- Worker killed in south Delhi - Oct 03, 2011
- Maharashtra celebrates Ambedkar's birth anniversary - Apr 14, 2012
- Shiv Sena-BJP on top in Thane - Feb 17, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi visits Pune farmers - Aug 18, 2011
- Polls in BMC, 9 other municipal corporations Feb 16 (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Mixed trends in Maharashtra civic poll count - Feb 17, 2012
- High Court frowns at slow probe in Maval firing case - Mar 21, 2012
- Rajasthan Police constable electrocuted - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: bomb disposal squad, chowk, electric cable, explosion, forensic team, high tension cable, high tension wire, maharashtra state electricity board, minor injuries, pune, serial blasts, short circuit, speculation, state electricity board, tense situation, terror attack