Child drowns in Ghaziabad drainJuly 13th, 2012 - 12:58 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 12 (IANS) A four-year-old boy Thursday drowned after falling into an open drain in Ghaziabad, police said.
Sunny’s body was found floating in the drain in the evening in Vasundhara neighbourhood.
The boy, a resident of Prahladgarhi, went to his school in sector-16 Vasundhara but did not return home in the afternoon.
His father walked up to the school to trace him but later found him in the drain. He rushed him to hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Municipal Commissioner Jitendra Singh expressed helplessness and said: “We cannot cover the storm water drain.”
He blamed the school for the incident. “It is the responsibility of the school. How did the child come out of school when the classes were on,” he said.
- Ghaziabad school near which child drowned shuts - Jul 14, 2012
- Boy kidnapped for ransom in Ghaziabad - Sep 30, 2011
- Kidnapped Ghaziabad child found, three arrested - Oct 01, 2011
- Boy drowns to death in school pool - Aug 16, 2012
- Stabbed in park for objecting to romancing couple - Aug 12, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Kazhak boy pulled into sea by strong waves - Sep 10, 2011
- Kolkata hospital blaze kills 90, India mourns - Dec 10, 2011
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
- Child rights panel wants probe details of Gurgaon boy's death - Jul 06, 2012
- Two arrested in housing fraud case - Jun 20, 2011
- Four juveniles held for murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Ex-IAF officer, wife murdered (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Teen dead, 200 still in hospital after 'colour' poisoning - Mar 09, 2012