Chief Minister catches errant officersFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 2 (IANS) A police officer extorting money and a revenue official using a beacon light on his private car have been suspended after being trapped by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.Both officials were caught Saturday night by Chouhan who was taking a surprise tour of the state capital. Chouhan was in a private car and drove around the city for two hours.
He noticed a police officer taking bribes from motorists and concealing the money under his cap.
He then spotted a revenue official in his private car fitted with a yellow beacon light. This is against government regulations.
Assistant sub-inspector Vijay Dohre and the revenue official, identified only as Agnivanshi, posted in neighbouring Sehore district, were suspended from service Monday, officials said.
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh to have emergency '108' service in all districts - May 24, 2011
- Court order to book Chouhan, Sushma Swaraj stayed - Nov 18, 2011
- 13 drowned as boat capsizes on Chambal river - Nov 13, 2011
- Two Chandigarh constables suspended - Jun 15, 2011
- Chouhan patronising illegal mining in Madhya Pradesh: Congress (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Delhi Police constable suspended for molestation - Nov 26, 2011
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop - Mar 13, 2012
- Chouhan, Uma Bharti meet in Delhi - Feb 01, 2011
- Three traffic constables suspended for assaulting woman officer (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- Betul case: Madhya Pradesh removes SP, suspends DSP - Mar 26, 2012
- IPS officer's murder: Chouhan orders judicial inquiry - Mar 09, 2012
- Subordinates assault policewoman in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 03, 2010
- Two fake CBI officers nabbed in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2011
- RTI activist booked for sting operation - Sep 06, 2012