Chidambaram’s role in 2G allocation: Hearing in mid-MarchMarch 1st, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) The Supreme Court will hear in mid-March a plea seeking a probe into the role of P. Chidambaram, then the finance minister, in the pricing of 2G spectrum when A. Raja was the telecommunications minister.
When counsel Prashant Bhushan, appearing for petitioner Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) mentioned the matter, an apex court bench headed by Justice G.S. Singhvi said its plea has been listed by the registery and will come up for hearing after the Holi break. The court will resume March 12.
The CPIL has contended that Chidambaram the then finance minister, was also involved in the fixing of 2G license prices and thus was as much culpable as Raja was in the 2G scam.
The Comptroller and Auditor General has estimated a presumptive loss of Rs.1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer because of Raja’s first-come-first-served policy for allocating 2G spectrum.
- Chidambaram's role in 2G pricing: Hearing in mid-March (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case - Apr 24, 2012
- New apex court bench to hear 2G case (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Chidambaram overruled officials on 2G, apex court told - Apr 04, 2012
- Supreme Court to decide three 2G matters Thursday (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Chidambaram allocated extra spectrum to 2G licence holders: Swamy - Apr 20, 2012
- Chidambaram decided 2G spectrum prices with Raja: Swamy - Nov 22, 2011
- Court allows Raja to make Tamil Nadu trip - Aug 17, 2012
- CBI shielding Chidambaram, petitioner tells apex court - Sep 28, 2011
- Apex court to resume hearings in 2G case - Oct 09, 2011
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- 2G case: Apex court allows review petition withdrawal (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- 2G: Apex court allows review plea withdrawal (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Raja attends Lok Sabha - May 16, 2012