Chidambaram to visit Britain to discuss anti-terror cooperationMarch 19th, 2010 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Home Minister P. Chidambaram is visiting Britain on a three-day trip starting Saturday with cooperation in anti-terror and security measures topping his agenda.
Chidambaram “will discuss issues relating to security with Home Secretary Alan Johnson, Foreign Secretary David Miliband and British Prime Minister’s Foreign Policy Adviser Simon Mcdonald”, a statement from the home ministry said.
He will “familiarise himself with the functioning of some key British institutions relating to security and intelligence matters. These include the Metropolitan Police Service, the Detica Operations Centre, the Secret Intelligence Service and the GCHQ which is one of the three intelligence agencies of the UK”.
The home minister will also meet Director General of the Security Service Jonathan Evans, Director General of the Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism Charles Farr and Chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee Alex Allan.
- Chidambaram insists India will have access to Headley - Mar 24, 2010
- PM to open chief ministers' meet on security April 16 - Apr 14, 2012
- India's anti-terror intelligence hub cleared (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- India, US launch internal security dialogue - May 27, 2011
- Chidambaram's counter-terrorism intelligence hub cleared - Jan 12, 2012
- Cyber attacks reach disturbing levels in Britain - Oct 31, 2011
- Britain to monitor web, cell phone use - Apr 01, 2012
- NCTC: A vanity project or a necessity to fight terror? - May 06, 2012
- India, US to begin internal security dialogue, talk terror - May 25, 2011
- India compliments US for 26/11 trial - May 27, 2011
- Consult minorities on NCTC: Sikh group - Feb 26, 2012
- Irish terror groups may attack UK: Police - Apr 24, 2011
- Modi writes to prime minister on anti-terror hub - Feb 17, 2012
- US Homeland Security chief visits India (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 24, 2011
- Britain to store phone, email records of people - Feb 19, 2012