Chidambaram new finance minister, Shinde gets homeJuly 31st, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) Home Minister P.Chidambaram is India’s new finance minister, while his cabinet colleague Sushilkumar Shinde will take charge of the home ministry, a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique issued Tuesday said.
“The president, as advised by the prime minister, has directed that the portfolios of the following ministers will be re-allocated as follows - P. Chidambaram Finance, Sushilkumar Shinde Home Affairs,” the statement said.
“Further, as advised by the prime minister, the president has also directed that M. Veerappa Moily, Minister of Corporate Affairs, will be assigned additional charge of the ministry of power,” the statement added.
Shinde was holding the power portfolio.
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Equation with states to be simple, cordial: Shinde - Aug 01, 2012
- Shinde likely to be new leader of Lok Sabha - Jul 17, 2012
- Vayalar Ravi to handle Deshmukh's portfolio - Aug 10, 2012
- Shinde is new Leader of House in Lok Sabha (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Something old, something new in recast Team Manmohan (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Manmohan forms new Team to run India, Kamat quits (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- Two-days conference on law and order, internal security - Oct 28, 2011
- Jayalalithaa, Modi, Mayawati in Inter-State Council - Oct 05, 2011
- Cancelled coal blocks may be retruned to NTPC: Power minister - Jul 10, 2011
- Mumbai terror attack underscores India's vulnerability (Comment) - Jul 16, 2011
- Cabinet reshuffle today, major changes in portfolios expected - Jan 19, 2011
- Outages, blasts, Assam... no end to government's woes (Comment) - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: colleague, corporate affairs, finance minister, home affairs, home minister, home ministry, India, New Delhi, new finance, p chidambaram, portfolios, power portfolio, prime minister, rashtrapati, sushilkumar shinde