Chhattisgarh village tense after killingsJune 22nd, 2009 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 22 (IANS) Three members of a family were killed in their sleep and another injured in a village in Chhattisgarh Monday in an attack police ascribed to an old enmity, triggering tension in the area. Police reinforcements were rushed to the village to prevent reprisals.
Officials at the Police Headquarters said that additional forces were deployed at Beltara village under Ratanpur police station, some 140 km from here, after the brutal murder of three people in the early hours Monday when they were sleeping on the roof of their house.
A group of people armed with sharp-edged weapons stormed into their house and killed the trio, while seriously injuring a fourth family member, who is now struggling for his life at the government hospital in Bilaspur.
The killings were due to an old enmity, police said.
- Cuckolded husband kills three minors in revenge - Feb 13, 2011
- Maoists kill special police officer in Chhattisgarh - Feb 14, 2011
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Three of family killed in Chhattisgarh - Jun 10, 2010
- Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana - Jul 11, 2011
- Man hacks wife, five daughters to death - Feb 20, 2012
- Chhattisgarh town tense after cop killed by thieves - Feb 03, 2011
- Honour killing: Two lovers killed in Punjab - May 21, 2011
- Four of family gunned down in Bihar - Jun 30, 2012
- 35 injured in Rajasthan clash - Jan 15, 2012
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Congress seeks CBI probe into Chhattisgarh killings - Jul 02, 2012
- Journalist gunned down in Chhattisgarh town - Dec 20, 2010
- Maoists kill village headman - Sep 14, 2011